Sunday, May 24, 2009

Oh, It's Ladies Night!

On Friday night, Matt and Jason were WONDERFUL husbands and let Tiff and I go out for the night. It was great, we put the kids down, Tiff got gussied up (it was a last minute plan, and I was already in town in a plain t-shirt and jeans) and we headed down to the Rio! We were going to go to Guapo's on the water, but I saw California Pizza Kitchen and couldn't pass it up. We got seated at the bar, which for some reason always feels kinda trendy even if we did order a cherry coke and water! And we sat there for three hours just talking and eating a whole pizza each! Well, Tiff ate all but one piece :)

Now, to say I have spent a lot of time with Tiffany this year may be a bit of an understatement, but this is the first time we've hung out just the two of us without the kids. It made me realize how many times during one conversation we are interrupted by our kiddos. Not that that's a bad thing, it just made Friday night that much more fun. Three hours of uninterrupted fellowship.

Tiffany has been such a great friend to me this year, she's helped me walk through some of the things I've faced this year, encouraged me, challenged me, prayed for me, sat with me while I cried after receiving some tough news and rejoiced with me when we've received good news. When I think back to this year, my friendship with Tiffany will be one of the first things I think of and will always be thankful for. Why does Pheonix have to be so far away?? Well, at least it's a great place to vacation!

I will miss Tiff and all of the PC wives so much. I really wish I didn't have to pack so I could spend every second we have left here with all of the PC Ladies. I can honestly say I have learned something extremely valuable from every single woman. Each one of them is going to make such an excellent pastors wife. I am so excited to see and hear what the Lord does in each of their lives in the years to come. I can't imagine this year without any one of them. Thank you, PC ladies for sharing this year with me and teaching me so much!

2 comments:

  1. SO great to see you at church! Can't wait for our Fellowship group "outing" to the park. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, this made me cry! I too treasure our friendship as one of the best things about this year. I told Jason the other day that it almost feels like we are sisters now! Praise the Lord for phone, email, and web cams! You guys will need to get one of those! And, Phoenix is a wonderful place to visit! Just don't come in the summer! Love you friend!

    ReplyDelete