Sunday, May 10, 2009

1st Mother's Day, 28th Birthday

Wow, what a day! This was my first Mother's Day and it will be so memorable! It was also my birthday which made it for an extra fun day. Matt and I are going to celebrate my birthday tomorrow, so I get two days in a row! After church, the Hansen's and the Lockhart's came over and we grilled out/they surprised me with Taco Salad (my all time favorite)! For dessert, Jen made a birthday cake that was a huge chocolate chip cookie - again, my favorite! During dessert, the kids all shared one thing they were thankful for about their mom, Matt shared on behalf of Case - so sweet! Then, and this was the best... the Lockhart's wrote and sang a song for Jen, it was so cute! While I missed my family so much today, it will always be a great memory to have spent my Mother's Day with these amazing families. After the Dad's cleaned up, we spent the afternoon lounging in the yard, playing frisbee, catch, spinning games, etc. It was an absolutely beautiful day!
Micah always plays with Case, he's so great!

Hannah and Bryon
Sweet Katie
Our little family!

6 comments:

  1. The picture of you and Case is GREAT!!! He is SO STINKIN' CUTE! I hope you are feeling better so you could enjoy your fun day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! So glad you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hannah you are so very beautiful! God has really blessed you with radiance :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hannah, you look SO GREAT....especially since you were just so sick days before!! The weather looks great, too. Miss you and love you.....counting the days......

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this post about your first Mother's Day coinciding with your birthday. Happy belated Birthday! Sorry you all couldn't come to dinner last week, but we'll do it very soon.

    ReplyDelete