Saturday, March 7, 2009

Maryland Memories

Since I started this blog in February, I thought I would look back over the year here and highlight some of my favorite memories. I thought this would be a good way to start, a picture of what I looked like when we arrived in Maryland and of course, the biggest highlight of the year was Case being born, and since we can never get enough pictures of Case here is one of him just a couple of hours old...











I can't believe how huge I was and how tiny he was just a couple of months ago! Then over the next couple of months we had lots of visitors, it was wonderful... my family came, matt's family came, Hannah B, and Nachelle, it was so much fun. When Alisha and Macey came we went to the National Zoo. The National Zoo is awesome and it was such a beautiful October day! Case was 18 days old and slept the entire time.











Here's Macey and Uncle Matt, or as she likes to call him "tickle, tickle, tickle"! And the monkeys at the zoo climb right over you. If you ever have a chance to go to the Zational Zoo, go! When Brooke came we went to the International Spy Museum and when Nachelle came we went to the Air and Space Museum. It was great exploring DC with everyone!

Another great memory we will have from MD is Case's buddy Korey! Matt and I have had a great time getting to know Devon and Kristine Kauflin, a couple here from Covenant Life. Their son, Korey, was born 6 hours after Case and was even delivered by the same doctor. It has been so fun to have a friend like Kristine, a mom going through exactly what you are at the same time. She's encouraged me, answered many questions for me, but the best part might just be taking pics of our boys together!

Throughout this year we have made tons of great memories with the Hansen family! Jason and Tiffany, and their adoreable and hilarious girls, Abby and Katie, are also here attending the PC. Tiffany and I have enjoyed many play dates, shopping trips and cooking adventures together, it has been so great having a friend like Tiff here! She's always willing to let me stop by unexpectantly and occasionally (like once a week!) invite ourselves for dinner! Recently, as couples we have started watching LOST... does it get any better than putting the kids to bed, making some amazing popcorn and watching the best show on tv and then doing our best to analyze what is going on?? It's been great!

We also had a great time watching the playoff games and Superbowl with the Kauflins and Hansens. Even though we were all hoping the Cardinals would win, it was a great way to spend our weekend evenings! Here are some pics from the superbowl:

Jason and Matt when we thought the Cardinals were going to win...












And Tiffany when it was clear the Cardinals weren't going to win.












But all in all it was a lot of fun that night... here's a pic of Tiffany, myself and Kristine!
Well those are just the "non-PC" memories! I'll have to post some of those at a later date, but hopefully this fills you in a little on what fun we've had since arriving here and the great friends we've made!

1 comment: