Monday, February 23, 2009

The Tundra

So I'm back in MD after a week long visit home in MN! Seeing friends and family was really great. Traveling was not so great. Case did really well so that was a blessing! On my way to MN my first flight was cancelled and then they rebooked me and that was delayed several hours - all in all not the end of the world. I met several other travelers and as we comiserated together, everyone kept asking, where are you trying to get to? After I said, MN... the response was always - "The Tundra??" I know I am one of a few people who feel this way, but I LOVE MN! It was great to see beautiful white snow! I also went for a run when it was in the single digits, felt great! Apparently I am just designed for cold weather... but enough about my love for the MN weather. Case and I had a great time visiting with everyone, we are looking forward to our next visit in March. What I am not looking forward to is more traveling... enter story about traveling back to MD. ugh... We arrived at the Minneapolis airport, checked in, flight was on time, great! On our way to Philly Case slept for the first 90 mintues, woke up, we played for a bit, all was great until... the descent. Turbulance doesn't begin to explain, it was about 25 minutes of being violently shaken (have I mentioned I get motion sickness). Well I spent the whole time thinking how horrible it would be if I got sick, but I didn't! I was amazed I didn't smother Case, I was hugging him so tightly! We landed safely and I had about 30 minutes to eat some soup and hop on my flight to Baltimore where Case and I were ready to see Matty again! The flight was only 27 minutes, what could go wrong? Up we went and I quickly realized the descent on the previous flight was a piece of cake compared to this flight. Case was sleeping again and I was literally counting to 60 over and over again thinking 'all I have to do is do this 27 times and we'll be on the ground'. Well after about 10 minutes I turned to the nice santa claus looking grandpa next to me and said, 'um can you please hold my son, I think I am going to be sick'. Case didn't even wake up as I handed him to the stranger and 30 seconds later I was staring into one of those nasty white airplane "barf bags" doing my fair share in giving that little bag it's name. Other passengers were throwing their bags at me! Um, thanks? The flight attendant came, gave me some ice chips and I thought, at least thats over! Wrong... round two was just as miserable and at this moment I am contemplating never getting on a plane again!

1 comment:

  1. Oh yuck! Thank goodness for kind strangers, huh? And the fact that they can't get anywhere with your child when you're all in an airplane. That sounds miserable! I'm glad you're home, safe and sound. I'm sorry we weren't able to see you at church on SUnday!

    ReplyDelete