Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Peer Pressure...

So hopefully my life is not marked by falling into peer pressure - but to get me to blog, peer pressure is what it took! I never thought I would blog, I love reading my friend's blogs but I typically hate writing. I am not promising anything impressive, but hopefully this will be a way to share with friends and family what is going on in our lives. And let's be honest, who everyone really wants to hear about is... Case! I promise to post lots of pictures (hmm... have to figure out how to do that) and stories of our little buddy.
So a little update on where we are and what we are doing. For those of you who may not know... Matt and I are currently living in Gaithersburg, MD while Matt attends the Sovereign Grace Pastors College. We have lived here since August, Case was born in September and here we are in February and I am finally starting a blog... I've always been successful at procrastinating! This year at the PC has been an incredible experience for our little family. We have had a wonderful time learning from, laughing with and just living life together with the other Pastors College and CLC families the Lord has brought into our life this year. It's hard to believe we only have a few months left here! Come June, we'll be moving back to MN and returning to our home church, Sovereign Grace Fellowship. We love SGF and are really looking forward to returning home!
Matt and I recently celebrated our 4 year anniversary and this past weekend Matt surprised me and planned a weekend getaway to celebrate. We had a great time in Ocean City, Maryland, relaxing, eating out, watching movies - a very Wassink way to vacation. The highlight besides getting to spend time with my husband (homework free!) was taking Case swimming for the first time! He was mostly interested in his bright red shorts with sharks on them. The water was a little chilly so we didn't have him in very long, but it was such a great memory and a reminder of so many "firsts" we have to look forward to!
Ok, that wasn't as painful as I expected... first blog done, hopefully many more to come! And now as I promised, pictures of Case!







9 comments:

  1. I SERIOUSLY COULD NOT BE MORE EXCITED about you FINALLY starting a blog!! :)

    Han

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay friend!! Nice blog. And I love the pic of you and Case. it's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is great! Looking forward to keeping up with your family through here.. Agreed, the picture of you and Case is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Finally! I just need to see more of Case! Goodness he's cute! I can see why Eva has such a crush on him. Love you, girl! Welcome to the Blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awww, Case is just stinkin' adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so glad that you started a blog!!! The pictures are so adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Case really is such an adorable kid! Looking forward to seeing more pictures and stories (and hearing about you guys, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would agree with everyone above that I am excited that you have a blog now as well. I am glad y'all had a good weekend trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pic with Case in his sharky suit!! He is soooooo stinkin' cute!!

    We miss you guys but are glad you are doing well.

    Love, Stacey Fritz

    ReplyDelete