Thursday, February 26, 2009

AppleLove

Almost four years ago Matt was starting Seminary and the daunting task of purchasing a computer was in front of us. For obvious reasons, Matt was going to be using the computer a whole lot more than I was and he had his heart set on a Mac. I had never used a Mac before, but could really care less so we got the Mac. I am SO thankful we made this decision, our Mac laptop has been awesome. But this past week, Apple went above and beyond. Our Mac was freaking out (that's the technical term, in case you were wondering) so Matt made an appointment at the Apple store for 5pm on Saturday. They took our computer and on Monday morning overnighted it to, hmmm... wherever Apple computers are overnighted to, they fixed it on Tuesday and overnighted it to us and we received it on Wednesday. It looks like a brand new computer, not only did they fix the freaking out problem, but they replaced all these different pieces that just had "cosmetic" damages. The total cost to us: $0!! Can you even believe it? Our computer isn't even under warranty anymore. So it's official, I'm an apple lover.
This morning, Case, my sister and I packed up to head to PC gym day... while we were driving down the driveway all of a sudden BAM! It quickly became obvious we couldn't drive the car another inch... we had it towed and the mechanic called... I can't even type the cost of getting the car fixed, it's too difficult. Hmmmm... maybe we can overnight it to Apple and they can fix it for free. or maybe not.
Well to end on a happy note... I'm on my sisters computer so I'll attach a cute picture of Case that she has on her computer.

1 comment:

  1. Hannah, I had to laugh at your post!!! I too am an Apple lover after a few years of using one at my church office in SD. As a goodbye gift, the dear church blessed me with an ibook! I love it!! When Matt told me about the wonderful way Apple treated you guys, a high five was in order. I am with you - Apple all the way!!! Now for the car situation...I'm sorry!

    ReplyDelete