Saturday, September 29, 2012

Case's 4th Birthday Party!

Well Sunday was the day Case has been waiting for! He has been talking about wanting a Dalmatian Birthday Party ever since Sadie's birthday. He saw me researching puppy parties for her and saw a picture of a Dalmatian party and hasn't stopped talking about it since. I thought a Dalmatian party would be easy enough, assuming I could find at least a FEW dalmatian themed party things at walmart, target or somewhere. Or in the very least some black and white polka dot things... but I was wrong. There was not much out there, so I had to be pretty creative with this party. Which is not my strong suit! I always say I can copy people pretty well, but coming up with my own ideas does not exactly come easily! So the bummer is, I was actually pretty creative and didn't really get any pictures of it! But at least I got some pictures of the things Case helped me with!
He loved helping me with the cupcakes and the cookies, and it was nice that he really understood we were making these for him and his friends to have at his party. We made the cookies a couple days in advance and I thought he might bug me constantly to eat them, but anytime he saw them he said, 'these are for my friends at my party'.
 
In the background of the cookie picture, you can kind of see the puppy chow we made and put in a doggie bowl (thank you dollar store!).

So when all the kids arrived, if they were up for it, we used face paint to put a "spot" around their eye and drew them a litte nose and spots on their cheeks. We also gave Case his present from us - Lucky the Dalmatian.

We then lined all the kids up (can't you see how well 3 and 4 year olds stand in a line!) to play a little game.
 
We had them hold a doggie treat in their hand and crawl like a puppy across the lawn to put the treat in a doggie bowl and then race back. A lot of the kids Sadie's age just ran, but some of the kids got it!

.

 All the kids got a little treat (black and white jelly beans) for participating in the game, here's Sadie enjoying hers!

 Then we opened presents and had some hot dogs and other food for dinner, played for a bit and then it was time for the cupcakes and to sing happy birthday to Case! For some reason, he thought he needed to close his eyes like it was a surprise. I love these next set of pictures...
 




 
 
We had a great time celebrating with all of our friends who came! And it was fun to have Case really relish in being the birthday boy!
 
A couple things about our 4 year old...
When he grows up he wants to be a... Firefighter (and own a dalmatian)
Favorite Food... pb & j
Favorite color... orange
Favorite toy... woody
Favorite sport... football
Favorite book... Going on a Bear hunt
Favorite Song... Jesus Loves Me
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment