Thursday, January 14, 2010

Mischevious

Case has a new obsession. If he finds anything with a lid, he likes to lift the lid, throw something in and then slam the lid shut. His favorite things are trash cans with lids, laundry hampers with lids and toilets. He has thrown sippy cups, toys, food, and many other miscellaneous things into the trash can. Only a few toys have been thrown into the hamper and only my hair brush had the misfortune of being thrown into the toilet. Well, the other day I was getting ready in the morning when Case woke up from his nap. I went and got him, brought him into the bathroom with me and was finishing getting ready. He was just walking around with his sippy cup in his hand, just checking everything out. All of a sudden I heard the toilet lid shut. I looked down at an incredibly guilty looking child and thought, 'gross, he threw his sippy cup in the toilet.' I lifted the lid and immediately started saying, "no, no, no, nooooooooooooo!!". Case did not know what was going on. When I looked in the toilet, I did not see his sippy cup, instead I saw my four month old, wonderful, shiny, awesome, iphone. Yep... I had left my iphone sitting on top of the toilet and Case walked right in, picked it up, lifted the lid and threw it right in. Ughhhhhhhhhhh! I had no idea what to do, except to grap it out, try to dry it as much as possible and get to the apple store. Well, it was ruined. Money, literally thrown down the tiolet. To make matters worse, while I was attempting to dry my iphone, Case picked up his sippy cup and threw it right in the toilet. Yuck!! I guess I can't exactly say he learned his lesson. Matty was wonderful enough to buy me a new iphone (insurance doesn't cover your toddler). So if you try to call me, and I don't answer, that's probably because I am being extremely careful of where to leave my iphone! Oh, the life of a mom :)

4 comments:

  1. It has got to be tough to get upset at anything that kid does. He is just so darn cute! You're just going to have to clean your toilet a lot more:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh bummer! I dropped my phone in the toilet once, but it survived. Too bad our tables weren't turned, because mine was a cheapo too! Irony. That will be a cute story to tell later on in life... Remember those old ipones??? Well, when Case was just one, he...
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh that is such a bummer. Glad you got a new one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you put your phone on your home insurance (way cheaper than going through the cellphone company), then it should be covered! Just an fyi. :)

    ReplyDelete