Friday, January 22, 2010

Best Buddies

Case is CRAZY about his Daddy! It's so fun to see the two of them together, I don't think anyone can get Case to laugh like Matt can. Lately, I've gotten some fun pictures of them together, so I thought I'd do a little post.
If for some reason you don't know, Matt is a HUGE Nebraska Cornhuskers fan (college football if you are still thinking, 'who?'). His family is also big Huskers fans, so this year Christmas from Uncle Ryan was Husker themed. Ryan had a shirt made for Case that says Nebraska #41 on the front and Wassink #41 on the back - #41 was Matt's college football number. Ryan also got Matt and his Dad authentic Cornhuskers helmets with their college football numbers on it (in case you aren't too into football, this is a pretty big deal!). So here's some fun pictures from Christmas with the Huskers apparel. On Mondays, Matt has the day off so that's our "family day". This last Monday we started out with a lazy morning of snuggling on the couch
And then after lunch we headed out to the nearby park to go sledding. Case definitely loved getting pulled in the sled on the way to the park and he was pretty interested in and enjoyed the sledding downhill part. Matt and I loved it! I think he'll get more and more into it, but he was pretty brave and even clapped a few times. I didn't get any pictures because I didn't want to bring the camera to the park. However, when we got back to the house, I took some pictures of Matt doing his favorite thing with Case - throwing him HIGH into the air. Many of you have probably seen him do this and several people have even said to me, 'doesn't that make you nervous'. To be honest, it doesn't - I have no fears of Matt dropping him. But beware - these might make you a little nervous!
Here's proof of how much Case LOVES it!


I mean, pure joy on this little guys face!
And here is the image that gets you an idea of how high Matty was throwing him :) it was great!

And here's my two boys on a Sunday afternoon watching the Vikings - aren't they cute!


I love you two more than anything, Matty you are the greatest Dad ever to Case!

2 comments:

  1. Aw, what a great post. I love getting a little view into your world. Case is so huge! We still have his birth announcement on our refrigerator... a bit outdated I guess :-) Maybe you should email me a new pic and I can print it out next month when I do our kids'.

    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those pictures of Case in the air are UNREAL!! I am sure you love watching them together! Thanks for updating the blog, you've been great these past few weeks at updating!

    ReplyDelete