Saturday, April 4, 2009

Taste!!

This week we introduced Case to baby food! He's had rice cereal, but he wasn't a fan. Veggies has been a totally different experience. I have to admit, giving him food made me a little nervous, what if he's allergic to something, how quickly will I notice? Well... I started with peas, I mean, who's allergic to peas?? He LOVED them - I think he gets this from Uncle Scott! He took a bite and did his excited, arms straight out to his side, little shimmy shake. It was hilarious!
After two days of peas, he got green beans. I think he liked them, but no little shimmy shake. Then, tonight... sweet potatoes! He made excited little noises between each bite, it was great. They ended up all over him which, of coarse, made for a great picture!
Yesterday, Case made his first mess! It was so cute, although maybe I think that because it was a clean mess. I left him in a room with some toys and his box of wipes because he was having so much fun banging on the box and then I came back to this...
Tomorrow I am running the Cherry Blossom 10 mile with Kim and Tiffany (two other PC wives). It's supposed to be gorgeous, so I am really excited. Then I think we're going to spend some time in DC on a beautiful 70 degree day! Then, Monday through Wednesday is the SGM Pastors Conference. I am really looking forward to wonderful teaching, time with my hubby and spending time with some great couples from SGF! With everything that's been going on lately the conference has snuck up on me and my procrastination problem has effected finding a babysitter! I mean, how long have we known about this conference?! Ha, I'm so bad with this... I just started on Thursday! But the Lord has provided and it looks like we'll have several if not all of the sessions covered. This will be the most I've been away from Case since he's been born. Good thing he's a people lover, I bet he won't even notice while he's having so much fun with his friends!

1 comment:

  1. We went to DC today too... after church. The entire mission of the day wasn't seeing the cherry blossoms... but finding a bathroom. Either they were broken, or locked, or the line was a mile long.
    Proud of you for getting on the babysitting thing. :-) You crack me up.
    Hope to see you tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete