Friday, April 17, 2009

Quite the Evening

So the "plan" was for Matt, Case and I to leave our house this morning at 5am. We were going to fly to one of the places we are currently considering moving to at the end of our PC year. Thursday was a super busy but very fun day. Case and I headed out to gym day like we do most Thursday mornings. We saw Matty there and he told me he had some bumps on his leg that were kind of painful, he thought maybe he had been bit by something. We didn't think too much of it. After gym day, a couple of the PC wives and kids came over for lunch and to play in the backyard. We had a great time, and it was an absolutely beautiful day!

After that, Case and I headed to the PC to pick Matt up for dinner, we grabbed some Wing Stop and we were on our way to run some errands before the PC ladies got together. On my way to get together with the PC ladies, Matty called and told me the bumps, one in particular, was getting bigger and was turning black. We decided he needed to go to the doctor since we were flying out the next morning. When I called him two hours later, he was at the ER, feeling miserable and had a temp of 101. So at about 10pm, I headed home to pack our suitcases while Matty waited to see the doctor. He called home at about 11:30 to say the doctor said he had a staph infection! Yikes! After finding a 24 hour pharmacy, he got home at 12:30 and went straight to bed. At that point, I had to reschedule our flights because it was not recommended to fly out first thing in the morning. I rescheduled our flights for 2pm today and then finally crawled into bed at 1:05am, ahhh... sleep! Not quite! At 1:06am my darling baby boy who is normally a wonderful sleeper decided he needed some mommy time (top front teeth are coming in). So I finally feel asleep about 1:30am. This morning Matt woke up still feeling horrible and still had a temp of 101. Poor guy! So we talked with a few people and decided it was best to just stay home.
So I spent today taking care of both my boys, doing laundry as Matt needs clean towels and linens and everything after every bath he takes (he's supposed to take 3-4 baths a day to try to get the infection out). And we didn't have any food in the house since we thought we'd be gone for four days! So sweet Tiffany brought us dinner!
At least I didn't have to travel all day with a teething baby!

5 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah! Just found your blog-- fun to be able to see what you are up to! Lots of prayers that Matt gets well soon and you are able to find answers to your future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost texted today to see how everything turned out but I didn't want to bug you while traveling.....guess I'll be bugging you tomorrow!! Hope you get some sleep!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, the sovereignty of the Lord. Thankful that Matthew is doing a bit better. Praying for you all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying here for you all; and hoping Matt is feeling better. I looked for you guys at church today to check on you, but didn't see you. I'll call tomorrow to check in on you.

    ReplyDelete