Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving Holiday with my family up in Cambridge! My cousin son, John, came up from Wheaton to spend his break with my family and my Uncle Kevin flew in from Maryland. Of course my parents, Brooke, Alisha, Scott, Macey, were there as well as my grandma and her caregiver, Cheryl. Everyone arrived throughout the week - we arrived on Wednesday, but everyone was there by Thursday morning. My mom made an amazing Thanksgiving meal, just like always! Ahhh, seriously I already want o eat it again! Case couldn't quite wait until the big meal, so he started his Thanksgiving feast a little early on the couch...

He was more than happy to join the rest of us for the real meal as well...At Thanksgiving, instead of doing the usual going around and saying what we are thankful for my parents had looked up scripture that proclaims our thankfulness for our Savior. We took turns reading aloud the scriptures, it was a great way to worship together as a family!

Throughout the rest of the weekend we relaxed, watched football, played games, ate a lot more food, and so much more! On Friday some of us went to the movie, The Blind Side. It was really good! Case loved playing with Macey and the two of them wanted to play outside as much as possible.

They both loved the blue car, it was good they're both so tiny and could fit in it together.


Case spent hours walking around the yard kicking his ball. That's probably currently his favorite thing to do - that's why I wish it wasn't getting cold outside right now. Hopefully when the snow comes, he'll love that too! He also enjoyed getting his first wheelbarrow ride from Daddy!

It was a great holiday! And I am once again so thankful for this season to be in MN and celebrate the holidays with family. Up next - Case's first Christmas in Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment