Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Big News

Well, I haven't been exactly keeping up with my blog lately. Maybe that's because I am sleeping in as long as Case sleeps, taking a nap during his morning nap and lying on the couch pretty much as soon as he goes to sleep at night. Maybe it's because I am constantly shoving animal crackers in my mouth or Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip granola bars, anything to keep me from throwing up. This might all sound a bit strange to you, BUT not if you've ever been pregnant!! Yep, that's right, in case you haven't figured it out yet, I am - as Matt likes to say - "with child". Ahhhh, so fun!

We found out on October 8th. Saying that now, I can't believe how long ago that sounds. I am 12 weeks along and due on June 9th. Case will be a little over 20 months old. I look at him everyday and just can't believe he is going to be a big brother! We've already had an ultrasound - at 6 weeks so all we saw was a little blob with a super tiny fast heartbeat - it was great! I had my second doctor appointment today, got to hear the heartbeat and then got my H1N1 vaccination. In case you were wondering, we will not find out what we are having by ultrasound. Just like with Case, we'll wait until the baby is born! A LOT of people have already weighed in with their guesses, come to think of it, I'm not sure if a single person has guessed boy, funny! So feel free to let me know your "instinct" - it's always fun to hear!

As far as pregnancy, it's going pretty fast. As I mentioned before, I am feeling pretty sick but it's not unexpected. And the question everyone asks... any cravings? Well as mentioned earlier, PB chocolate chip granola bars and animal crackers get me through the day. But for actual cravings... chocolate chip pancakes, fruit, lemonade, doritos, mashed potatoes, and McDonalds breakfast sandwiches. Just mentioning them makes me want all of them. I have given in on the first three cravings but have tried to be normal with the last three. I think for the last three I've had each of them only once since finding out I was pregnant. But seriously, I could do McDonalds breakfast everyday.... yummmm. It's probably a good thing it's only an option in the morning. I've also tried to keep going to the gym on the days I'm not actually physically sick. So hopefully I won't get as huge as I did with Case - we'll see... chasing him around sure should help. He is as busy as ever, into EVERYTHING, climbing on furniture. It's great! It's a bummer it's getting cold outside because he would love to just run around outside. So we try to be creative and do some fun things. I'll try to be better about blogging :) Hopefully I'll get caught up a little over Thanksgiving break... but no promises!

In other big news, Matt and I will be gaining a sister-in-law in July! Matt's brother Ryan proposed to his girlfriend, Kari, in October and they will be getting married July 9th. We LOVE Kari and we couldn't be more excited for them!

8 comments:

  1. Again...CONGRATULATIONS!!! So excited for you guys!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the details my friend. It was so fun being pregnant with you last year... even if it was only for a month. :-)
    love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations you guys! That's so exciting! Xavier and Shaela are 20 months apart and it's lots of fun. We're also expecting again (not sure if you've heard or not) and I'm due April 10th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Hannah! Looking forward to seeing you when I am in Minneapolis in a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As soon as I started ready I knew what you were going to announce! CONGRATS! A friend of mine is a guest blogger on a website called 5 Minutes of Parenting. She's pregnant too (just over 12 weeks) and blogging about her experience. You should check it out. www.5minutesforparenting.com/541/pregnancy-journal-the-spinach-can-wait/. Again - yeah for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Hannah! What a great adventure...and from someone who knows about having children close together (14 mos. apart for my 4)...IT IS AWESOME! Little Case will have a perfectly, built in playmate...for years to come! Congratulations again, and I hope you start feeling better!

    ReplyDelete