Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Last few things from Maryland

Our last few weeks in Maryland were so much fun and SO jammed pack that besides graduation, I haven't had a chance to blog about any of it. So here are my last few fun Maryland memories.
One BEAUTIFUL Monday morning, several PC wives and kiddos decided to go strawberry picking at Butler's Orchard.
Since Case was in my sling the whole morning, I didn't do much picking, instead I mooched off of the ladies whose kids picked way to much for them to bring home! But I had fun taking loads of pictures.
Teresa, Marie, and Rachel

We all packed lunches and enjoyed a picnic at the Orchards playground. It was great!
That night we had our last date night with The Hansen's at Red Rock Canyon and then to Barnes and Noble where Tiff and I got ditched as Jason and Matt had so much fun going through all the History books together!
We had our Ladies Night Out, our last official PC ladies event. It was, as always, such a wonderfully hosted event where we were spoiled rotten and had way too much fun together!
Tiff and I
Our FUN table, Teresa, Amy, Miran, Tiff, Jen, Me, Siobhan, Amanda and Shari
Lilli Leslie and Julie PurswellWe had our last gym day and hang out time at Jen's afterwards, our last Mahaney meeting and then our end of the year dinner.
Matty and I at the dinnerMatt and Jason
The week of graduation we spent our days packing and our evenings hanging out with friends one last time. On Saturday we went to Devon and Kristine's for another fabulous one of Kristine's meals and another round of Cornhole (a fancy version of bean bag toss) while Case and Korey had fun cheering us on. On Tuesday we went out for Mexican with our friends Jordan and Tali and watched the NBA finals over ice cream. On Wendesday Matt and I headed up to Columbia (near Baltimore) to my friend Dana's house for dinner. Dana has been such a great friend to me this year, she's made me several delicious meals, helped with laundry, watching Case and so much more. I'm so glad we had a chance to join her, her husband Mike, and her daughter Clancy for dinner.
Thursday was my last full day in Maryland and Matty and I made the most of it in between the last little bit of packing that always sneeks up on you. We went into Damascus (the little town close to us) to a little Diner caled Tom and Ray's, they have the best breakfast ever! We packed during Case's morning nap and then headed into Damascus again for lunch to The Music Cafe, it's a great coffee house with soup, sandwich type food. They have the best vanilla chai I've ever tasted. Then we finished the packing during Case's afternoon nap, rested up and then went out for dinner with Mike and Sarah, our host couple for one last meal together. We went to Houston's and they spoiled us with some really great and thoughtful gifts. Including Flags of our Fathers on CD so Matt could listen to it on the drive home.
Back in September, when Case was born and we brought him home from the hospital I took a picture of him in his car seat on the front step of his first home. So on his last day there, I took another picture on the front step as well as one of him in his first nursery, so here are the pictures!
Case's first nursery
On the steps September 2008

On the steps June 2009
So long Maryland!!
On Friday, Case and I flew out! On Saturday some great friends came and helped Matt and my dad pack up the truck, but since I wasn't there, no pictures. Thanks guys! On Sunday, Matt, my dad and my father in law drove our truck and two vehicles back to MN. They arrived safely home last Monday. Tomorrow I'll post on our first week in MN, it's been fabulous!

1 comment:

  1. Awww......... I love this post, and all the photos of your last week here in Maryland. I miss you already and thought about you and prayed for you many times while I was cleaning your empty :-( home here in MD. It didn't seem the same without you and Case there. E-mail me your address when you get a chance. Love ya~

    ReplyDelete