Monday, June 8, 2009

All Good Things Must Come to an End

Not the most joyful of sayings, but sadly... that's what happened last night when our PC year officially came to a close. It was a WONDERFUL day that left me feeling emotionally exhausted, so proud of my husband, excited to go home and sad to leave here. On Sunday morning we went to both CLC church services as a farewell to an amazing host church. We had a couple hours of break, and then it was back for our "formal" pictures.
Here's the PC class of 2009Us with the Ricucci's and us with the Purswell's
Then a quick break to scarf down some fast food (unless you were the Slacks and were smart and packed ultra healthy fruit and probably a green smoothie!) and then the graduation ceremony began! The service itself went above and beyond my expectations. It was so celebratory! We started out with some time of worship, next Eric Hughes did a great job sharing his pc testimony, then Gary lead the "special recognition" portion. He first recognized all the PC kids and had them stand up. I seriously love all of them, they are all such great kids. Then the guys honored us in such a sweet way, I won't put on the blog incase they use it again. I don't want to ruin it for any future PC wives! After that Gary gave the awards out. This part was GREAT! It was so fun to see the guys reactions as the three found out their fellow classmates voted them: Servant/Humility award - Josh Blount, Growth - Matt Slack, Leadership - Eric Hughes. Here's a picture of a proud Siobhan cheering on her husband, Matt when he got his award.
Then Jeff got up to give the last award for Academic Excellence and after expaining it was a very close race he announced the winner was... Matty! I was so proud of him, he's worked so hard in all of his classes this year! Here's a picture of him getting the award (I didn't have the best angle). Maybe I can use this to my advantage - why take any more schooling, go out on top, right?!?
The guys had an opportunity to hear from CJ and then it was time for diplomas! Here's Matt getting his...
After the ceremony they had a reception where we spent time chatting with friends from CLC that came, Uncle Kevin, and then having to say goodbye's to our PC family. After the reception we headed to the Hansen's to hang out one more time! We of course took plenty of opportunities to take pictures throughout the day, so here come a lot of pictures in the same poses, but I just couldn't cut any of these out!
Our Fellowship Group, Josh Blount, The Cambell's, and The Roca's
We love you guys!
Kim Alexander - a great friend throughout the year! She is such a joyful woman!

Matty and I with Bryon and Jen Lockhart, such a humble couple and some of the greatest parents we've ever known

Emily and I, we had way too much fun & laughs in fellowshp group, Em's too fabulous for words! (And she'll love me forever for saying that!!)
Megan and I - poor Meg had to put up with Em and I. Megs, thank you for the maturity so needed in our FG but for also being so much fun!

Josh J, Keith, Bryon, Jason and Matt

And of coarse, Tiffany!
Many of the sweet PC ladies have asked how I'm doing having to say goodbye to Tiff. My answer, I can't talk about it, and then I proceed to cry for five minutes. 24 hours after saying goodbye, it's still the same answer!
Case came to the activities and he was so proud of his Daddy!

4 comments:

  1. Love you Hannah. Grace to you my friend. Every time I sit at a Starbucks in a grocery store till 10:30 pm, or in front of a Blockbuster... I will think of you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are wonderful photos from a terrific evening. We're so glad we came to celebrate with you. God is good to have brought you here for this season, and I've been blessed to have known you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on finishing! I am glad that you had such an amazing expereince there! Hopefully I will get to see you when I come to MN in July. Havea safe trip home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, make me cry! It has been so crazy here, driving across country and getting settled in, this is the first I have read anybody's blogs since we got home! I too will miss you terribly! I am SO BLESSED to have had your friendship this year! Love you friend! And so glad to see you home and LOVING it!

    ReplyDelete