Thursday, June 25, 2009

Cambridge

Matt, Case and I spent last week in my home town, Cambridge, with my family. It was a great week! We spent several hours eating, reading, eating, relaxing, and more eating! Matt and I were anticipating the return of the one fast food restaurant we like... Taco John's! It did NOT disappoint! We even splurged and got Churro's because we've been without good old Taco John's for 10 months, not an easy thing to do. We also went to some great local places, Herman's Bakery, the Pizza Pub as well as some others, but there's nothing in Cambridge as good as my dad's grilling and my mom's cooking! Case had a great time playing with Gidge, my parent's English Bulldog, as well as enjoying chasing the cat with his new found scooting skill. We went to the Cambridge Dog Show where Case met a Great Dane as well as some other dogs. One dog tried to take a bite out of him, suffice to say I am no longer a fan of blood hounds after that incident. But all the other dogs were great and Case loved it.
Another day, we went to the park. It was so much fun, Case loved the swing and the slide. He got tired from all the playing and then just snuggled with Nana and watched all the big kids play.
On Father's Day, Matt and I got to go to our church, it was so great to be back worshiping with everyone. Then we came back to my parent's house and spent the evening with my parents, Brooke, Alisha, Scott and Macey. It was a great summer afternoon and Macey and Case had a great time in the kiddie pool.
It was fun to celebrate Father's Day with Matty. He's such a great Daddy to Case, I've loved seeing him in this new role. Case got him a baseball and a bat!
We're now spending some time in Iowa with Matt's family... basically eating, reading, eating, relaxing and more eating! But after the week is over, I'll blog about our week here!

1 comment:

  1. Funny-my mom took Olivia & Aidan to the dog show too :)

    ReplyDelete