Monday, October 26, 2009

Fall Weekend Getaway

Last weekend I surprised Matty with a weekend away at a bed and breakfast. I ended up telling him about a week in advance so he knew he wasn't going to be at work, but I had all the details planned. The biggest thing was this was our first overnight away from Case, and it was actually two nights away. After church we headed up to drop Case off with my dad so he could stay with my parents for the weekend. Then Matt and I headed off to Cold Springs, MN - a tiny cute little town outside of St. Cloud. There was a little mix up in the bookings, so we ended up getting upgraded to the biggest room with a jacuzzi tub and a little balcony - it was great! On Sunday we took naps, read and watched some tv and then headed out for dinner. We came back, relaxed and watched Ghost - we hadn't seen that for years! On Monday morning we slept in!! And then enjoyed the delicious breakfast at the inn and relaxed a little before heading out for a bike ride along Lake Wobegan Trail. It was one of the few real "fall" type days we've had. We went out for a movie that evening and then ordered pizza and watched some football. Tuesday morning we ate the amazing breakfast again and then packed up to go to Cambridge to get Case! He did GREAT at my parents house which was so nice! I did miss him but it was actually a little easier than I thought - the time just went so fast. It helped me be able to relax knowing he was doing so well. And relax we did - I finished the book I was reading and Matt got at least half way through a Johnny Unitas book he started. We enjoyed leaving things out that he would normally get into or make a mess of, but of course nothing beat sleeping in! But man when we walked into my parents house and Case started making all of his happy/excited sounds to see us, it was so great!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet time getaways like that are! So glad you were able to surprise and bless your hubby in that way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you guys! It sounds like it was a wonderful, relaxing time away!

    ReplyDelete