Friday, August 28, 2009

How old do I look?!?

On Wednesday afternoon Alisha, Macey, Case and I all headed over to Bethel's new dining center to join Brooke for lunch. The new dining center is amazing, it's unbelievable how much it's improved since we've been there. Well welcome week was just getting started, meaning that all of the new freshmen were moving in. Thursday was the official day, but Wednesday - the day we were there - was when student workers moved in. It was pretty busy in the DC. So... I'm standing in one of the food lines behind two freshmen who are twins. A couple comes up and the lady says to me, "Would you mind if we budded in line in front of you, these are my kids and I just need every last second with them that I can get!" Of course, I say it's fine for them to hop in line with their kids. So her husband and I start chit chatting, I asked if the twins are their oldest kids, he says yes and then says, "Are you here to drop off one of your kids to start college?" Uhhh, what?!? I have an 11 month old!! But I just smile and say, "Actually, no I'm just here having lunch with my sisters, I graduated from Bethel 5 years ago." He looked a bit shocked, we chatted some more and when he said bye he said, "Um, sorry I thought you were old enough to have an 18 year old child."
When did I begin to look more like the parents than the college students?!?!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! SOOOOO not true, Hannah!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa! Yes, WHEN did that happen?!? You look like a beautiful 27 year old, I'd say!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, when I was over in Getsch with some new freshmen from church last week, I was asked by their RA if I was the mom... Yes, and I was 10 years old when I had her!?

    I understand that we don't look 18, but what, the only other option is that we're 45? I don't think so. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You do not look anywhere near old enough to have a college age kid. You look early twenties! Some people just have a hard time thinking outside their box and their box was jammed full of leaving their baby.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally just laughed out loud... what was that guy thinking!!

    ReplyDelete