Monday, July 13, 2009

Fun, Food and Freedom

The title of my post definitely sums up the fourth of July weekend. We had plenty of fun, plenty of food and of course, the 4th helps us remember how wonderful our freedom is in this country. However, there is a great story behind how I can up with this title. My mom had this close group of friends from college (she went to Bethel as well) and they are really good about having reunions, keeping in contact, etc. They named themselves the FFF. For years I heard about the FFF and never knew what it stood for, always assuming it was something cheesy about Friends Forever yada, yada, yada. So when I was in college I finally decided to ask her what it stood for. And you guessed it, she said, Fun, Food and Freedom!?! I thought that was hysterical. "Freedom from what?" I asked, and her response was, "Well the Bethel rules of coarse!" Can you tell she was in college in the 70's?! So anyways, that's what popped in my head when I thought of the fourth of July weekend.
On Thursday night we headed to the Saints Game with some of our good college friends, The Darrs, Hyders, Schiestls, and some friends of theirs we just met The Bohlens. It was a perfect MN evening, but I can't even tell you if the Saints won or lost.

Hannah picked Case and I up from the game to head up to her cabin for the weekend. It was great hanging out with her family and some of their family friends. On Friday morning her mom made some delicious chocolate chip pancakes and then we spent the day reading and relaxing in the sun! That evening Andrea, Ryan and Coleman came over to hang out. It was, as always, so much fun to see the boys play and it was great catching up with Andrea and Ryan.
Matt drove up that night to join us. And after Andrea and Ryan left the rest of us stayed up late playing Hoopla and Pass it Pictionary. It was so much fun just sitting around the table laughing and playing games.
On Saturday we woke up to Monkey Bread, does it get any better than that? We then spent the day floating in the water, on the boat, kneeboarding and tubing. Matt, Case and I went on the tube all at the same time. It was so great! Saturday night we made a fire, had smores (my favorite thing, ever!) and watched fireworks. The fireworks woke Case up so we grabbed a blanket and he came and snuggled and watched fireworks with us. It was a perfect end to the weekend!

1 comment: